INTRODUCING THE NEW SECTION OF OUR WEBSITE. THIS PLATFORM ALLOWS YOU TO GET TO KNOW THE PEOPLE THAT SURROUND, INSPIRE AND ARE THE DNA OF RUE-L.
First up on the Rue-L 13 questions is a long time friend of Rue-L, Australian model, diabetes activist and all round beauty - Bambi Northwood Blyth.
Get to know a little bit about her.
1. What’s one element of your daily routine?
Black coffee first thing when I wake up while listening to a killer playlist to set the days mood.
2. What’s the first CD you bought for yourself? (music?)
Bewitched or Spice Girls. I’ve been a pop princess for life.
3. Who’s your hometown hero?
My mum and dad. I love them.
4. Who was your high school celeb crush/hero?
Celine Kreis, Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie and Jessie McCartney
5. Favourite childhood fad/trend?
Making those paper things that you fold and ask questions to people. Also wetting the 2 front parts of my fringe at the water bubbler at school and making them really sexy - maybe steaks too lol.
6. What was your favourite pre-social-media activity?
Reading magazines! And doing those quizzes.
7. Most cherished trinket that you have kept over the years?
My teddy Needles, I got from my best friend Courtney when I was diagnosed with Type One Diabetes. Also this large black Hermes cashmere scarf - I’ve had for 8 years and it’s like my security blanket. I’ve lost it many times, had holes in it, left it places ... but it always finds it way back to me.
8. Which late musician do you wish you could’ve seen live?
9. Funniest rumour said about you?
Pregnancy ones. Nope nope nope, I’ve babyless guys.
10. What is one little known fact about you?
I don’t know my left and rights. I still make those L shapes with my hands when I drive.
11. Cartoon that you grew up with?
Tweety Bird. Love.
12. What movie/song can you recite word for word?
Nearly every pop song. Right now, movie I am obsessed with is Babel.
13. Best advice you’ve ever been given?
Treat yourself with care, treat your body with love, you are the most important and special thing you will ever own.